On Depression, Part II
Depression isn't want it seems, for me.
It isn't an upsettedness about anything imparticular. It isn't a crippling feeling that the world is ending around me, or that I want to end my own life (although, I have experienced that terrible feeling before — brought on by medication).
In a sense, my depression is simply an advanced form of boredom. Nothing really seems to peak my interest lately.
Come to think of it...that's kind of depressing.
I get it now. :)
Thoughts & Musings: a (Public) Journal
A collection of hand-written essays by Kenneth Reitz.
- A Letter to /r/python.
- My Last Manic Episode.
- The Secret to My Success: Stimulants.
- On Polyamory.
- My Favorite Python Libraries.
- Dinner with a Narcissist.
- Competition and Open Source.
- A Good Hat.
- I Do Lots of Things.
- Working from Home — a Double-Edged Sword.
- Truest Love.
- iPad as a Main Computer.
- Feeling Better & Reflecting on Open Source.
- Writing Reasonable Documentation.
- On Depression, Part I (of many).
- On Psychedelics and Other Drugs.
- On Traveling and Depression.
- Pipe Dream: Making a Game.
- On Depression, Part II.
- On Irritability in Open Source.
- A Concise List of Personal Values.
- Why This isn't a Blog.
- Attempting to Reduce Stimulants Usage.
- On Conferences and Travel.
- The Far Side of Madness.
- Esoteric Interest and Current Bookshelf.
- Back to Work.
- New Project Idea: Environment Variables.
- Stuck in a Rut.
- Self Therapy or Professional & Amphetamines.
- Living With Reasonable Regrets.
- Switching Cameras (again).
- It's About Time....
- Soul Purpose.
- Three Concise Truths.
- The Anxiety of Clout.
- Sharing is Therapeutic.
- Positivity, Coming Soon™.
- Fellowship at PyCon (upcomming).
- On Inspiration and Tools (like languages).
- On Writing.
- First Entry.
- On Open Source and Impactfulness.
- Seeking Inspiration, Somewhere.
- On Writing Music and Emotional Landscape.
- Poetic Expressions.