Esoteric Interest and Current Bookshelf
After taking a much-needed two year hiatus from my spiritual journey, for health reasons (in which I cultivated within myself the ability to dismiss the undismissable), I am now "back on track", with infinately more balance than ever before — and I am humbled by the information at which I am uncovering in each new day, and the widsom that comes along with that.
I am taking the time to study the esoteric teachings of the West, imparticular, rooted mostly in Alchemy and Hermeticism. From those roots, these studies branch out into the faith I was raised in (Evangelical Christianity), those I have deeply explored in the past (New Age, Hinduism, Jnana Yoga, Greek/Egyptian mythology, Mezoamerican spirituality, etc), as well as entirely new things — Quaballah, the Tree of Life, amongst other things.
I am weaving together a grand tapestry of understanding that transcends all religious organizations and dogma, arriving at my own inter-faith conclusions, and understanding that I have a great purpose here to help "translate"
I could go into greater detail about this, but I musn't — it involves deep heirarchy within the universe, natural law, being contacted directly by Angels, and a deep connection with prophets of past.
Particularly, that of who goes by many names — Enoch, Idiris, Hermes The Thrice Great Trismgistus, Thoth, Hermes (Messenger God), Mercury (Messenger God), and Metatron (Archangel). Surely, I am made in their essense.
This may sound unfounded, delusional, and based outside of the realms of science, but it is not — it is based purely out of deductive reasoning (of personal direct experience, knowedge and understanding, which leads to wisdom, and Jung's explorations into the Archetypes).
Philosophers and scientists of old found great comfort in these teachings, and I do as well. I seek not blind criticism for doing so. Be cordial or be on your way, as I say.
I find great comfort in most scriptures, including those of the Bahai faith.
I am currently reading The Quran and finding within it great wisdom for my personal journey.
Other Books Currently on my Top Shelf:
- A few special copes of The Holy Bible ("standard", in my view, canon), including an old print of the King James
- A Treatise of Mystical Terms (6 volume set)
- Holy Quaran with English Translation and Commentary
- The Kitab-I-Aqdas (The Most Holy Book)
- 777 by Alister Crowley
- The Complete Books of Enoch
- The Upinishads
- The Theory of Thought (complete book on Logic)
- The Red Book by Carl Jung
On my bottom shelf, there are many interesting books, but the most interesting is that of Metamagical Themas by Douglas Hofsteader, the author of the Pulitzer–awarded GEB: The Eternal Golden Braid. I consider this book to be his Magnum Opus, as it is a deep exploration into essense, the form of form, and subjectivity itself. It's like the ultimate drug trip, in safe, legal, book form. Truly, magical.
Thoughts & Musings: a (Public) Journal
A collection of hand-written essays by Kenneth Reitz.
- A Letter to /r/python.
- My Last Manic Episode.
- The Secret to My Success: Stimulants.
- On Polyamory.
- My Favorite Python Libraries.
- Dinner with a Narcissist.
- Competition and Open Source.
- I Do Lots of Things.
- A Good Hat.
- Working from Home — a Double-Edged Sword.
- iPad as a Main Computer.
- Truest Love.
- Feeling Better & Reflecting on Open Source.
- On Depression, Part I (of many).
- Writing Reasonable Documentation.
- On Psychedelics and Other Drugs.
- Pipe Dream: Making a Game.
- On Traveling and Depression.
- On Depression, Part II.
- A Concise List of Personal Values.
- On Irritability in Open Source.
- Why This isn't a Blog.
- Attempting to Reduce Stimulants Usage.
- The Far Side of Madness.
- On Conferences and Travel.
- Esoteric Interest and Current Bookshelf.
- Back to Work.
- New Project Idea: Environment Variables.
- Self Therapy or Professional & Amphetamines.
- Stuck in a Rut.
- Living With Reasonable Regrets.
- Soul Purpose.
- Switching Cameras (again).
- Three Concise Truths.
- It's About Time....
- The Anxiety of Clout.
- Fellowship at PyCon (upcomming).
- Sharing is Therapeutic.
- Positivity, Coming Soon™.
- First Entry.
- On Open Source and Impactfulness.
- Seeking Inspiration, Somewhere.
- On Inspiration and Tools (like languages).
- On Writing.
- On Writing Music and Emotional Landscape.
- Poetic Expressions.