iPad as a Main Computer
Almost every morning, I wake up and go to the coffee shop to get a morning’s worth of work done — carrying with me, not a laptop, but my iPad Pro.
This setup has worked exceptionally well for me for well over a month. The iPad’s constraints help me stay focused on a task at hand, and using the device to be productive is mildly therapeutic, for some reason.
I’m currently typing this on a new Brydge 10.5 Keyboard for the iPad Pro, and I am finding this keyboard to be exceptionally fantastic. It really takes the "ultra-portable laptop" idea and runs with it, to a logical extreme.
I have mild reservations about the keyboard, especially since I use the Apple Pencil so much -- but there are so many pen–friendly laptops sold nowadays, that I figure it’s worth a shot. If it comes down to it, I can always dismount the iPad from the keyboard and use it traditionally (for a heavy drawing session, for example).
So far, so great :)
Thoughts & Musings: a (Public) Journal
A collection of hand-written essays by Kenneth Reitz.
- A Letter to /r/python.
- My Last Manic Episode.
- njs's blog post.
- The Secret to My Success: Stimulants.
- On Polyamory.
- My Favorite Python Libraries.
- Dinner with a Narcissist.
- I Do Lots of Things.
- Competition and Open Source.
- A Good Hat.
- Working from Home — a Double-Edged Sword.
- iPad as a Main Computer.
- Truest Love.
- On Psychedelics and Other Drugs.
- Feeling Better & Reflecting on Open Source.
- On Depression, Part I (of many).
- Writing Reasonable Documentation.
- Pipe Dream: Making a Game.
- On Traveling and Depression.
- On Depression, Part II.
- A Concise List of Personal Values.
- Why This isn't a Blog.
- On Irritability in Open Source.
- Esoteric Interest and Current Bookshelf.
- Attempting to Reduce Stimulants Usage.
- The Far Side of Madness.
- My Average Day.
- Self Therapy or Professional & Amphetamines.
- On Conferences and Travel.
- Back to Work.
- New Project Idea: Environment Variables.
- Stuck in a Rut.
- Living With Reasonable Regrets.
- Soul Purpose.
- Three Concise Truths.
- Switching Cameras (again).
- The Anxiety of Clout.
- First Entry.
- It's About Time....
- Fellowship at PyCon (upcomming).
- Sharing is Therapeutic.
- Positivity, Coming Soon™.
- Seeking Inspiration, Somewhere.
- On Open Source and Impactfulness.
- On Writing.
- On Inspiration and Tools (like languages).
- Poetic Expressions.
- On Writing Music and Emotional Landscape.