I Do Lots of Things
I’d like to take a moment to document the fact that I do a lot of things.
- I am wholly responsible for the Python experience (buildpack, support tickets, infrastructure, etc) at Heroku.
- I’m a board member of the Python Software Foundation.
- I’m a volunteer advisor for another non–profit called SeekHealing.
- I create and manage a very large number of open source projects, which require a vast amount of time, despite any infinite amount of delegation.
In less professional regards:
- I make music and produce studio albums.
- I’m a video game creator.
- I’m a good photographer.
- I’m a student of the esoteric.
- I’m a writer.
- I’m an artist.
Why am I saying this? Two reasons —
Firstly— fuck off if you ever demand any amount of my time, which I give away freely. I do everything in my power to make myself as accessible, cordial, and approachable as possible. If that’s not enough for you, than you can kindly fuck yourself.
This message is kindly oriented to the users of my software who reside on GitHub — whom I am extremely thankful for and indebted to, but boundaries must still be set.
Secondly— I really struggle with boredom, every night, despite having all the above responsibilities/interests. I find that fascinating — and I think a sign of depression.
We’re all only human, so here’s a candid side of me.
Just hoping to share the less lightful sides of myself, for others to see, so they can get a bigger picture and understand.
Hope that helps.
Thoughts & Musings: a (Public) Journal
A collection of hand-written essays by Kenneth Reitz.
- My Last Manic Episode.
- The Secret to My Success: Stimulants.
- My Favorite Python Libraries.
- On Polyamory.
- Competition and Open Source.
- A Good Hat.
- Dinner with a Narcissist.
- Working from Home — a Double-Edged Sword.
- Feeling Better & Reflecting on Open Source.
- I Do Lots of Things.
- Truest Love.
- Writing Reasonable Documentation.
- On Traveling and Depression.
- On Depression, Part I (of many).
- Pipe Dream: Making a Game.
- On Irritability in Open Source.
- On Psychedelics and Other Drugs.
- On Depression, Part II.
- On Conferences and Travel.
- iPad as a Main Computer.
- Why This isn't a Blog.
- A Concise List of Personal Values.
- Attempting to Reduce Stimulants Usage.
- The Far Side of Madness.
- Back to Work.
- New Project Idea: Environment Variables.
- Stuck in a Rut.
- Esoteric Interest and Current Bookshelf.
- Living With Reasonable Regrets.
- Positivity, Coming Soon™.
- The Anxiety of Clout.
- It's About Time....
- Soul Purpose.
- On Open Source and Impactfulness.
- On Inspiration and Tools (like languages).
- Three Concise Truths.
- Fellowship at PyCon (upcomming).
- Self Therapy or Professional & Amphetamines.
- Sharing is Therapeutic.
- Seeking Inspiration, Somewhere.
- First Entry.
- On Writing.
- Switching Cameras (again).
- On Writing Music and Emotional Landscape.
- Poetic Expressions.