I Do Lots of Things
I’d like to take a moment to document the fact that I do a lot of things.
- I am wholly responsible for the Python experience (buildpack, support tickets, infrastructure, etc) at Heroku.
- I’m a board member of the Python Software Foundation.
- I’m a volunteer advisor for another non–profit called SeekHealing.
- I create and manage a very large number of open source projects, which require a vast amount of time, despite any infinite amount of delegation.
In less professional regards:
- I make music and produce studio albums.
- I’m a video game creator.
- I’m a good photographer.
- I’m a student of the esoteric.
- I’m a writer.
- I’m an artist.
Why am I saying this? Two reasons —
Firstly— fuck off if you ever demand any amount of my time, which I give away freely. I do everything in my power to make myself as accessible, cordial, and approachable as possible. If that’s not enough for you, than you can kindly fuck yourself.
This message is kindly oriented to the users of my software who reside on GitHub — whom I am extremely thankful for and indebted to, but boundaries must still be set.
Secondly— I really struggle with boredom, every night, despite having all the above responsibilities/interests. I find that fascinating — and I think a sign of depression.
We’re all only human, so here’s a candid side of me.
Just hoping to share the less lightful sides of myself, for others to see, so they can get a bigger picture and understand.
Hope that helps.
Thoughts & Musings: a (Public) Journal
A collection of hand-written essays by Kenneth Reitz.
- A Letter to /r/python.
- My Last Manic Episode.
- njs's blog post.
- The Secret to My Success: Stimulants.
- On Polyamory.
- My Favorite Python Libraries.
- Dinner with a Narcissist.
- I Do Lots of Things.
- Competition and Open Source.
- A Good Hat.
- Working from Home — a Double-Edged Sword.
- iPad as a Main Computer.
- Truest Love.
- On Psychedelics and Other Drugs.
- Feeling Better & Reflecting on Open Source.
- On Depression, Part I (of many).
- Writing Reasonable Documentation.
- Pipe Dream: Making a Game.
- On Traveling and Depression.
- On Depression, Part II.
- A Concise List of Personal Values.
- Why This isn't a Blog.
- On Irritability in Open Source.
- Esoteric Interest and Current Bookshelf.
- Attempting to Reduce Stimulants Usage.
- The Far Side of Madness.
- My Average Day.
- Self Therapy or Professional & Amphetamines.
- On Conferences and Travel.
- Back to Work.
- New Project Idea: Environment Variables.
- Stuck in a Rut.
- Living With Reasonable Regrets.
- Soul Purpose.
- Three Concise Truths.
- Switching Cameras (again).
- The Anxiety of Clout.
- First Entry.
- It's About Time....
- Fellowship at PyCon (upcomming).
- Sharing is Therapeutic.
- Positivity, Coming Soon™.
- Seeking Inspiration, Somewhere.
- On Open Source and Impactfulness.
- On Writing.
- On Inspiration and Tools (like languages).
- Poetic Expressions.
- On Writing Music and Emotional Landscape.