I Do Lots of Things
I’d like to take a moment to document the fact that I do a lot of things.
- I am wholly responsible for the Python experience (buildpack, support tickets, infrastructure, etc) at Heroku.
- I’m a board member of the Python Software Foundation.
- I’m a volunteer advisor for another non–profit called SeekHealing.
- I create and manage a very large number of open source projects, which require a vast amount of time, despite any infinite amount of delegation.
In less professional regards:
- I make music and produce studio albums.
- I’m a video game creator.
- I’m a good photographer.
- I’m a student of the esoteric.
- I’m a writer.
- I’m an artist.
Why am I saying this? Two reasons —
Firstly— fuck off if you ever demand any amount of my time, which I give away freely. I do everything in my power to make myself as accessible, cordial, and approachable as possible. If that’s not enough for you, than you can kindly fuck yourself.
This message is kindly oriented to the users of my software who reside on GitHub — whom I am extremely thankful for and indebted to, but boundaries must still be set.
Secondly— I really struggle with boredom, every night, despite having all the above responsibilities/interests. I find that fascinating — and I think a sign of depression.
We’re all only human, so here’s a candid side of me.
Just hoping to share the less lightful sides of myself, for others to see, so they can get a bigger picture and understand.
Hope that helps.
Thoughts & Musings: a (Public) Journal
A collection of hand-written essays by Kenneth Reitz.
- A Letter to /r/python.
- My Last Manic Episode.
- The Secret to My Success: Stimulants.
- On Polyamory.
- My Favorite Python Libraries.
- Dinner with a Narcissist.
- Competition and Open Source.
- I Do Lots of Things.
- A Good Hat.
- Working from Home — a Double-Edged Sword.
- iPad as a Main Computer.
- Truest Love.
- Feeling Better & Reflecting on Open Source.
- On Depression, Part I (of many).
- Writing Reasonable Documentation.
- On Psychedelics and Other Drugs.
- Pipe Dream: Making a Game.
- On Traveling and Depression.
- On Depression, Part II.
- A Concise List of Personal Values.
- On Irritability in Open Source.
- Why This isn't a Blog.
- Attempting to Reduce Stimulants Usage.
- The Far Side of Madness.
- On Conferences and Travel.
- Esoteric Interest and Current Bookshelf.
- Back to Work.
- New Project Idea: Environment Variables.
- Self Therapy or Professional & Amphetamines.
- Stuck in a Rut.
- Living With Reasonable Regrets.
- Soul Purpose.
- Switching Cameras (again).
- Three Concise Truths.
- It's About Time....
- The Anxiety of Clout.
- Fellowship at PyCon (upcomming).
- Sharing is Therapeutic.
- Positivity, Coming Soon™.
- First Entry.
- On Open Source and Impactfulness.
- Seeking Inspiration, Somewhere.
- On Inspiration and Tools (like languages).
- On Writing.
- On Writing Music and Emotional Landscape.
- Poetic Expressions.