Here are a selection of poems I wrote, hastily, the other morning, on paper. They are mostly inspired by my experiences with bipolar disorder.
half aware at best
constant trains of mystery running through the mind
seeking answers to eternal questions
always more to find
never content — always complacent
the happiness begins
the hope of a resting place for
my mind, soul, body
a foreign concept to the popular mind
our busy lives prioritize
fulfillment in capitalistic ways
Inherently… it is what it is.
The words flow from mind to page
as breath fills the lungs
the rhyme, not given
the patterns, hidden
Welcome to my world.
Questioning the foundations of the fabric of your seven senses
A healthy state of mind
forced upon by imbalances of the chemical kind
imbalances that lead
imbalances that teach
imbalances that heal
with the help of western medicine, of course
Thoughts & Musings: a (Public) Journal
A collection of hand-written essays by Kenneth Reitz.
- A Letter to /r/python.
- My Last Manic Episode.
- The Secret to My Success: Stimulants.
- On Polyamory.
- My Favorite Python Libraries.
- Competition and Open Source.
- Dinner with a Narcissist.
- A Good Hat.
- Working from Home — a Double-Edged Sword.
- I Do Lots of Things.
- Feeling Better & Reflecting on Open Source.
- Truest Love.
- Writing Reasonable Documentation.
- On Depression, Part I (of many).
- On Psychedelics and Other Drugs.
- On Traveling and Depression.
- iPad as a Main Computer.
- Pipe Dream: Making a Game.
- On Irritability in Open Source.
- On Depression, Part II.
- Why This isn't a Blog.
- On Conferences and Travel.
- Attempting to Reduce Stimulants Usage.
- A Concise List of Personal Values.
- The Far Side of Madness.
- Esoteric Interest and Current Bookshelf.
- New Project Idea: Environment Variables.
- Back to Work.
- Stuck in a Rut.
- The Anxiety of Clout.
- Living With Reasonable Regrets.
- Self Therapy or Professional & Amphetamines.
- It's About Time....
- Positivity, Coming Soon™.
- Three Concise Truths.
- Soul Purpose.
- Fellowship at PyCon (upcomming).
- On Inspiration and Tools (like languages).
- Switching Cameras (again).
- On Open Source and Impactfulness.
- Sharing is Therapeutic.
- First Entry.
- On Writing.
- Seeking Inspiration, Somewhere.
- On Writing Music and Emotional Landscape.
- Poetic Expressions.