Here are a selection of poems I wrote, hastily, the other morning, on paper. They are mostly inspired by my experiences with bipolar disorder.
half aware at best
constant trains of mystery running through the mind
seeking answers to eternal questions
always more to find
never content — always complacent
the happiness begins
the hope of a resting place for
my mind, soul, body
a foreign concept to the popular mind
our busy lives prioritize
fulfillment in capitalistic ways
Inherently… it is what it is.
The words flow from mind to page
as breath fills the lungs
the rhyme, not given
the patterns, hidden
Welcome to my world.
Questioning the foundations of the fabric of your seven senses
A healthy state of mind
forced upon by imbalances of the chemical kind
imbalances that lead
imbalances that teach
imbalances that heal
with the help of western medicine, of course
Thoughts & Musings: a (Public) Journal
A collection of hand-written essays by Kenneth Reitz.
- A Letter to /r/python.
- My Last Manic Episode.
- The Secret to My Success: Stimulants.
- On Polyamory.
- My Favorite Python Libraries.
- Dinner with a Narcissist.
- Competition and Open Source.
- I Do Lots of Things.
- A Good Hat.
- Working from Home — a Double-Edged Sword.
- iPad as a Main Computer.
- Truest Love.
- Feeling Better & Reflecting on Open Source.
- On Depression, Part I (of many).
- Writing Reasonable Documentation.
- On Psychedelics and Other Drugs.
- Pipe Dream: Making a Game.
- On Traveling and Depression.
- On Depression, Part II.
- A Concise List of Personal Values.
- On Irritability in Open Source.
- Why This isn't a Blog.
- Attempting to Reduce Stimulants Usage.
- The Far Side of Madness.
- On Conferences and Travel.
- Esoteric Interest and Current Bookshelf.
- Back to Work.
- New Project Idea: Environment Variables.
- Self Therapy or Professional & Amphetamines.
- Stuck in a Rut.
- Living With Reasonable Regrets.
- Soul Purpose.
- Switching Cameras (again).
- Three Concise Truths.
- It's About Time....
- The Anxiety of Clout.
- Fellowship at PyCon (upcomming).
- Sharing is Therapeutic.
- Positivity, Coming Soon™.
- First Entry.
- On Open Source and Impactfulness.
- Seeking Inspiration, Somewhere.
- On Inspiration and Tools (like languages).
- On Writing.
- On Writing Music and Emotional Landscape.
- Poetic Expressions.