On Psychedelics and Other Drugs
I used to be a big proponent of legalization for all psychedelics drugs. I am not anymore.
I wonder sometimes if I actually have bipolar disorder, or if I've simply experienced the long-term side-effects of experimenting with those substances.
I only experimented for "spiritual" reasons, never to get "fucked up". I didn't do these things often. I did Ayhusca, for example.
They altered my perception, though. And not for the better, I'd say.
I don't do drugs anymore. I haven't in a long time.
I'm now pro decriminalization, not legalization. A part of me feels like the law is there to protect me from these substances, and other people like me.
I know, historically, that doesn't seem to be the case, but that doesn't mean that perhaps the laws aren't somewhat helpful in this regard.
Thoughts & Musings: a (Public) Journal
A collection of hand-written essays by Kenneth Reitz.
- My Last Manic Episode.
- The Secret to My Success: Stimulants.
- My Favorite Python Libraries.
- Competition and Open Source.
- On Polyamory.
- Feeling Better & Reflecting on Open Source.
- A Good Hat.
- Dinner with a Narcissist.
- Working from Home — a Double-Edged Sword.
- Truest Love.
- Writing Reasonable Documentation.
- On Traveling and Depression.
- Pipe Dream: Making a Game.
- On Depression, Part I (of many).
- I Do Lots of Things.
- On Conferences and Travel.
- On Psychedelics and Other Drugs.
- On Irritability in Open Source.
- Attempting to Reduce Stimulants Usage.
- On Depression, Part II.
- The Far Side of Madness.
- A Concise List of Personal Values.
- Why This isn't a Blog.
- Back to Work.
- Stuck in a Rut.
- New Project Idea: Environment Variables.
- Esoteric Interest and Current Bookshelf.
- It's About Time....
- On Inspiration and Tools (like languages).
- Positivity, Coming Soon™.
- The Anxiety of Clout.
- Living With Reasonable Regrets.
- Soul Purpose.
- On Open Source and Impactfulness.
- Fellowship at PyCon (upcomming).
- Sharing is Therapeutic.
- Seeking Inspiration, Somewhere.
- First Entry.
- Three Concise Truths.
- iPad as a Main Computer.
- On Writing Music and Emotional Landscape.
- Self Therapy or Professional & Amphetamines.
- On Writing.
- Switching Cameras (again).