Stuck in a Rut
I'm stuck in a rut.
I'm very happy, but I feel unfufilled. Nothing that I create lately is bringing me any joy, other than this writing — and even it seems frivolous. Enough so to not share it.
Am I depressed? I don't feel depressed, but perhaps I am.
Depression is a tricky thing — especially when it manifests like this. For, I am truly happy and very blessed at this time. Nothing is going wrong.
Yet, somehow, nothing feels quite right either.
I just need a break from the monotony of the day-to-day, perhaps. PyCon 2017 is coming up soon, and should provide some much needed social stimulation to my life.
I'm so content, so happy, yet so... empty right now.
I just want to create something I'm proud of. That hasn't happened in a little while.
I'm proud of this journal, strangely enough. It makes me happy.
Thoughts & Musings: a (Public) Journal
A collection of hand-written essays by Kenneth Reitz.
- My Last Manic Episode.
- The Secret to My Success: Stimulants.
- My Favorite Python Libraries.
- Competition and Open Source.
- On Polyamory.
- Feeling Better & Reflecting on Open Source.
- A Good Hat.
- Dinner with a Narcissist.
- Working from Home — a Double-Edged Sword.
- Truest Love.
- Writing Reasonable Documentation.
- On Traveling and Depression.
- Pipe Dream: Making a Game.
- On Depression, Part I (of many).
- I Do Lots of Things.
- On Conferences and Travel.
- On Psychedelics and Other Drugs.
- On Irritability in Open Source.
- Attempting to Reduce Stimulants Usage.
- On Depression, Part II.
- The Far Side of Madness.
- A Concise List of Personal Values.
- Why This isn't a Blog.
- Back to Work.
- Stuck in a Rut.
- New Project Idea: Environment Variables.
- Esoteric Interest and Current Bookshelf.
- It's About Time....
- On Inspiration and Tools (like languages).
- Positivity, Coming Soon™.
- The Anxiety of Clout.
- Living With Reasonable Regrets.
- Soul Purpose.
- On Open Source and Impactfulness.
- Fellowship at PyCon (upcomming).
- Sharing is Therapeutic.
- Seeking Inspiration, Somewhere.
- First Entry.
- Three Concise Truths.
- iPad as a Main Computer.
- On Writing Music and Emotional Landscape.
- Self Therapy or Professional & Amphetamines.
- On Writing.
- Switching Cameras (again).