Self Therapy or Professional & Amphetamines
I’m relatively good at self–therapy. Today’s involved buying an Apple Magic Keyboard for my iPad Pro, as well as a new iPad case, and a few crystals from a crystal shop.
This method of self–therapy seems to serve me well, but in the long run, is probably not the wisest of solutions to my larger life problems.
I’ve been considering hiring a therapist lately. That’s not really something that I’ve ever done before.
I’ve recently begun reading Psychology of the Unconcious by Carl G. Jung, and I find the methods and reasonings described in the book to be quite fascinating. I’d like to see a Jungian therapist, if possible. There’s a group in town that operates under this monacer, and I’ve reached out to them. Hoping to hear back from them soon.
In other news, I’m really enjoying writing with the Ulysses application. I intend to write more than I have been, and a bit more candidly. I’m writing this post with the app, and my new Apple Magic Keyboard, and I find this process to be quite therapeutic.
I’ve been dealing with depression lately, as well as extreme exhaustion in the evenings. This is partly due to my ADD medication (vyvanse) and it only lasting 12 hours, as the day is longer than 12 hours.
I feel like I regret ever taking medication like Adderall and Vyvanse. They were so helpful at first, but over time I have become so dependent upon them (and caffeine) to be functional, that without them I am barely a shell of a human being.
It’s frustrating, to say the least. I think copious amounts of caffeine in the evenings, but nothing seems to help me stay awake and alert once the Vyvanse starts to wear off. I’m an entirely different person in the mornings than in the evenings.
I slept for 12 hours last night. I went to bed at 7am.
Such is life, sometimes, I suppose.
Thanks for listening.
Thoughts & Musings: a (Public) Journal
A collection of hand-written essays by Kenneth Reitz.
- A Letter to /r/python.
- My Last Manic Episode.
- The Secret to My Success: Stimulants.
- On Polyamory.
- My Favorite Python Libraries.
- Competition and Open Source.
- Dinner with a Narcissist.
- A Good Hat.
- I Do Lots of Things.
- Working from Home — a Double-Edged Sword.
- Truest Love.
- Feeling Better & Reflecting on Open Source.
- iPad as a Main Computer.
- Writing Reasonable Documentation.
- On Depression, Part I (of many).
- On Psychedelics and Other Drugs.
- On Traveling and Depression.
- Pipe Dream: Making a Game.
- On Depression, Part II.
- On Irritability in Open Source.
- Why This isn't a Blog.
- A Concise List of Personal Values.
- Attempting to Reduce Stimulants Usage.
- On Conferences and Travel.
- The Far Side of Madness.
- Esoteric Interest and Current Bookshelf.
- New Project Idea: Environment Variables.
- Back to Work.
- Stuck in a Rut.
- Self Therapy or Professional & Amphetamines.
- Living With Reasonable Regrets.
- Switching Cameras (again).
- It's About Time....
- Soul Purpose.
- Three Concise Truths.
- The Anxiety of Clout.
- Sharing is Therapeutic.
- Positivity, Coming Soon™.
- Fellowship at PyCon (upcomming).
- On Inspiration and Tools (like languages).
- On Writing.
- On Open Source and Impactfulness.
- First Entry.
- Seeking Inspiration, Somewhere.
- On Writing Music and Emotional Landscape.
- Poetic Expressions.