On Traveling and Depression
Over the past year, I've been struggling a bit with depression, for the first time in my life.
It took me a while to realize it, but this is also the first time (in quite a while) that I have taken a break from traveling.
I think the two are correlated.
I live in a small town, and don't have much of a social life locally. Spending too much time at home seems to really get me down, after a while.
Just an interesting observation.
Thoughts & Musings: a (Public) Journal
A collection of hand-written essays by Kenneth Reitz.
- My Last Manic Episode.
- Competition and Open Source.
- The Secret to My Success: Stimulants.
- My Favorite Python Libraries.
- On Polyamory.
- A Good Hat.
- Working from Home — a Double-Edged Sword.
- Dinner with a Narcissist.
- Writing Reasonable Documentation.
- On Conferences and Travel.
- On Traveling and Depression.
- The Far Side of Madness.
- On Depression, Part I (of many).
- Pipe Dream: Making a Game.
- A Concise List of Personal Values.
- On Depression, Part II.
- On Psychedelics and Other Drugs.
- Why This isn't a Blog.
- On Inspiration and Tools (like languages).
- It's About Time....
- Stuck in a Rut.
- The Anxiety of Clout.
- On Open Source and Impactfulness.
- New Project Idea: Environment Variables.
- Living With Reasonable Regrets.
- Positivity, Coming Soon™.
- First Entry.
- Fellowship at PyCon (upcomming).
- Seeking Inspiration, Somewhere.
- Sharing is Therapeutic.
- On Writing Music and Emotional Landscape.
- I Love Typography.