Why This isn't a Blog
My blog is a place to make announcements, to share with people advancements in my projects, and share thought-proviking ideas. This journal thing isn't that at all — it has an entirely different purpose.
What I intend here is to share small snippets of what I'm thinking, things that are too long for Tweets, in an unordered, somewhat messy format.
I was inspired to do this while reading Letters from a Stoic. It is a colleciton of letters from a philosopher that others read because they find her thoughts about life interesting and insightful.
One thing that struck me as rather odd while reading the book (I'm only a few chapter in) is how highly the author seems to hold themselves in high regard — as if their writing and thoughts are somhow important to the lives of others.
I do not share this perspective; I don't think what is written in this journal is inherintly meaningful to anyone except for myself. But, perhaps someone will find something in it interesting, and because of that, I will occassionally share from it.
I do, however, quite enjoy the narrative that the work presents, and that is something that I want to emulate. A somewhat public conversation with one's self, in a candid fashion, that simply shares tidbits of the innner workings of the author's world and mind.
It certainly can't be harmful, now can it?
Thoughts & Musings: a (Public) Journal
A collection of hand-written essays by Kenneth Reitz.
- My Last Manic Episode.
- The Secret to My Success: Stimulants.
- My Favorite Python Libraries.
- Competition and Open Source.
- On Polyamory.
- Feeling Better & Reflecting on Open Source.
- A Good Hat.
- Dinner with a Narcissist.
- Working from Home — a Double-Edged Sword.
- Truest Love.
- Writing Reasonable Documentation.
- On Traveling and Depression.
- Pipe Dream: Making a Game.
- On Depression, Part I (of many).
- I Do Lots of Things.
- On Conferences and Travel.
- On Psychedelics and Other Drugs.
- On Irritability in Open Source.
- Attempting to Reduce Stimulants Usage.
- On Depression, Part II.
- The Far Side of Madness.
- A Concise List of Personal Values.
- Why This isn't a Blog.
- Back to Work.
- Stuck in a Rut.
- New Project Idea: Environment Variables.
- Esoteric Interest and Current Bookshelf.
- It's About Time....
- On Inspiration and Tools (like languages).
- Positivity, Coming Soon™.
- The Anxiety of Clout.
- Living With Reasonable Regrets.
- Soul Purpose.
- Fellowship at PyCon (upcomming).
- On Open Source and Impactfulness.
- Sharing is Therapeutic.
- Seeking Inspiration, Somewhere.
- First Entry.
- Three Concise Truths.
- iPad as a Main Computer.
- On Writing Music and Emotional Landscape.
- Self Therapy or Professional & Amphetamines.
- On Writing.
- Switching Cameras (again).