On Writing Music and Emotional Landscape
My life is rather stable. I have nothing to complain about, and nothing is urgently pressing against my emotional walls at the moment, or has been in quite a while.
That's wonderful, but I've noticed that this has an unfortunate downside, compared to the times when this wasn't the case — my music is suffering because of it.
It's a little frustrating. There's an emotion there!
When I listen to my two albums, I am transported into a vast emotional landscape that is grand and immersive. I am moved by some of the works, to the point where they bring chills down my spine.
Now, when I write music, I'm just making pretty sounds. It's almost tragic, in comparison.
Emotional stability, with the help of some medication, has its downsides, I suppose.
Thoughts & Musings: a (Public) Journal
A collection of hand-written essays by Kenneth Reitz.
- My Last Manic Episode.
- The Secret to My Success: Stimulants.
- My Favorite Python Libraries.
- Competition and Open Source.
- On Polyamory.
- Feeling Better & Reflecting on Open Source.
- A Good Hat.
- Dinner with a Narcissist.
- Working from Home — a Double-Edged Sword.
- Truest Love.
- Writing Reasonable Documentation.
- On Traveling and Depression.
- Pipe Dream: Making a Game.
- On Depression, Part I (of many).
- I Do Lots of Things.
- On Conferences and Travel.
- On Psychedelics and Other Drugs.
- On Irritability in Open Source.
- Attempting to Reduce Stimulants Usage.
- On Depression, Part II.
- The Far Side of Madness.
- A Concise List of Personal Values.
- Why This isn't a Blog.
- Back to Work.
- Stuck in a Rut.
- New Project Idea: Environment Variables.
- Esoteric Interest and Current Bookshelf.
- It's About Time....
- On Inspiration and Tools (like languages).
- Positivity, Coming Soon™.
- The Anxiety of Clout.
- Living With Reasonable Regrets.
- Soul Purpose.
- Fellowship at PyCon (upcomming).
- On Open Source and Impactfulness.
- Sharing is Therapeutic.
- Seeking Inspiration, Somewhere.
- First Entry.
- Three Concise Truths.
- iPad as a Main Computer.
- On Writing Music and Emotional Landscape.
- Self Therapy or Professional & Amphetamines.
- On Writing.
- Switching Cameras (again).